Loose Cannon Media Website Feasibility Study
Stakeholders: Brendan Thatcher (CEO Loose Cannon Media)
Last updated: May 7, 2015
Starting with client-focused work creating wedding videos, promotional material for small businesses and non-profits, and multimedia, Loose Cannon Media now also produces film projects that are audience focused. This disparity in type of media focus has resulted in a net loss of revenue growth, as both require different initial financial investment and return on investment models. The current website is not user friendly, does not generate the page hits required to grow a revenue producing client base, and does not accurately reflect offered media production services.
The goal of this study is to determine the feasibility of using a traditional webpage vs. other web-based applications for promotion of video and film production services offered by Loose Cannon Media.
1. What demographic group can Loose Cannon Media best serve in relation to client based productions and creative productions?
2. What kinds of web-based platforms do potential clients and audiences go to look for their video production and entertainment needs?
3. How do potential clients share information about companies they’ve purchased from?
4. What information do potential clients need when making a decision on using a company for their video production needs?
5. What search methodologies do potential clients do to find video production companies?
6. What platform(s) have potential clients used to interact with a video production company?
A questionnaire will be formulated covering the demographic, video need, video search, and promotional habits of past Loose Cannon Media clients, referrals, and potential clients. The questionnaire will cover participants’ behavior online and offline regarding what type of videos they want, how they conduct their search for video production and entertainment needs, and the platforms they use to search for and promote companies they’ve purchased from. The study will have 100 participants in the Pacific Northwest region, mostly from Seattle, and be web-based.
These are the primary characteristics of the study’s participants:
· Past clients, potential clients, and referrals
· Age: any
· Live: Pacific Northwest
· Had or have a video production need
· Launch: May 18, 2015
· Results delivery: June 19, 2015